Training for Midwifery staff
This page details the options available for training for midwifery staff. You will find information about pre developed training packages, available for your workplace. If you would like something similar but for different durations, please e mail me at email@example.com with your requirements. Any open training events that are happening in the year are posted in the events section.
The Early Moments of Loss – Duration 7 hours inc breaks. £750 + travel expenses
This all day workshop is a chance for staff to gain a deeper understanding of the early moments of loss. They will learn about the experience from a parents perspective. Different forms of media, and facilitation are used to explore the early stages of pregnancy or baby loss.
- Emotional states present in the early stages of loss.
- Importance of informed choice.
- Taking photographs – a practical session.
- Making memories.
- The use of a cold cot.
- Next steps for the staff team.
Cold Cot Awareness - Duration 2 hours including breaks. £450 (up to 20 people) + travel expenses
This half day workshop utilises real life experience of stillbirth to facilitate an interactive workshop that supports staff to explore the advantages and possible issues of using a cold cot.
- Communicating the role of and need for a cold cot.
- Why is a cold cot needed?
- Informed choice.
- Use of a cold cot to support parents to take their baby home.
- Facilitation of discussion about policies in place already, and amendments.
- Reviewing the use of the cold cot.
- The cold cots role in making memories.