Baby Loss – A Parent’s Perspective – 1 day workshop
BABY LOSS – A PARENT’S PERSPECTIVE – 1 DAY WORKSHOP
- Maternity unit staff including Doctors, Midwives, Maternity Assistants, Administration.
- Student Health Care Professionals.
- Birth Workers.
- Hospital Chaplaincy Service staff.
- Children’s Ward Staff.
- Early Pregnancy Unit and Gynecological Ward staff.
- Funeral Directors.
- Counselling staff/therapists/mental health services.
- GP staff.
- Holistic therapists.
- Social Service staff.
- Charities working in the field.
Aims of the day: After attending this day participants will
- Have an increased understanding of the impact of baby loss, as it happens and in the future.
- Understand the positive role care givers play in the initial hours and days after a loss.
- Improve their understanding of the impact of fear upon the experience of the loss of a baby.
- Have an understanding of ways that emotional healing can begin to occur.
- Develop their knowledge and skills in the area of facilitating informed choice for parents.
- Understanding important activities after the loss of a baby, and how to facilitate them.
- Develop their practical skills in this area.
- Have given consideration to how to care for themselves as the professional supporting distressed parents.
- Reflected upon how this knowledge can be applied to practice.
Where is the training?
- Upcoming study days are listed below.
- It can also be delivered in your place of work, or a venue close to you if around 20-50 people are interested.
- Can be delivered for groups of students or professionals.
Please e mail mel(@)finleysfootprints.com to request an information pack or to book a day. The workshop can be adapted to suit most needs. It costs around £30 per person.